Each pump that is received goes through the following 10 procedures
- When the equipment is received at PolVac Corp. it is tagged. Information such as customers name, manufacturer, model number, serial number of the pump, the voltage the pump is wired at and accessories the pump came with are recorded on the tag.
- The equipment is then disassembled taking the necessary precautions for contamination and health hazards. Please fill out our declaration of contamination. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out this form.
- The pump is given a preliminary cleaning. The reason for preliminary cleaning is to get rid of contamination and to also be able to give proper analysis of the pump and determine what parts are defective and need to be replaced.
- The pump is then analyzed for cause of failure, and recorded. This step is useful to the customer in lowering repair costs and downtime to a minimum. It shows if the pump is not being properly maintained or if the wrong pump is being used in a particular process.
- All parts are inspected for wear, defects, and life expectancy using the necessary measuring instruments to check against tolerances specified by the original manufacturer.
- The customer is contacted and given the cost of repair and a delivery date of the equipment. No equipment is repaired without the approval of the customer.
- Cleaning for assembly: The pump is thoroughly cleaned physically and with chemicals to rid the parts of contamination and deposits which build up in the pump during use.
- The equipment is ready for assembly: During the assembly process all major components are lubricated with the recommended oil to ensure there is no metal to metal contact which could cause premature wear of parts and shorten the life expectancy of the equipment. All o-rings, shaft seals, gaskets, vanes, and motor bearings are replaced. In short a major rebuild kit is used along with replacing the motor bearings.
- The equipment is filled with recommended oil to proper levels and ran for 48 hours. During the 48 hours it is checked for gas ballast pressure, total pressure, oil leaks, noise level and temperature specified by the original manufacturer.
- The equipment is drained of fluid (dry pumps excluded), cleaned externally and painted with the original color or color specified by the customer. Finally the pump is shipped to the customer with all the accessories it came with.All equipment serviced by PolVac Corp. is covered by a warranty of one year, which starts from the date of installation or 18 months from date of service. Full warranty information included on all estimates and invoices, contact PolVac for details.
Please complete our Declaration of Contamination form before sending any equipment to PolVac Corp. for repair or service. Click Here To Open Declaration of Contamination. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill out this form.